One thing we take pride in here at Handley Breaux Designs is our relationships with our clients, vendors, and each other as a team. We believe that being as close as we are allows us to really bring our creative minds and energy together to create the something unique and special. Each day this week we will be featuring one of our HBD team members, sharing a little bit about them. We thought this would be a fun way for you all to get to know us a little bit better and it just so happened out we had a blast doing it. Today we are starting off with the one and only Handley McCrory, owner and executive planner of Handley Breaux Designs. Handley offers the best guidance and gives so much of her time and heart into everything she does!
1. Where are you from? Birmingham, AL
2. What's your favorite part of a wedding? "I’m always interested to see which readings they pick during the ceremony, but I would say my overall favorite moment would be watching the groom’s face when the bride walks down the aisle. It still gets me every time!"
3. What made you want to start your own company? "It is kind of a strange path I took to get to wedding planning. I grew up visiting construction sites with my dad, so I became fascinated with the process of starting with a blank piece of land and building it into something wonderful that serves the surrounding community well. This transitioned as I got older and really started to develop a love for design and interiors. So in college I began studying interior design but was also working with a floral designer (shoutout to Sybil Sylvester!) and quickly discovered that wedding planning was the world I wanted to be in. The design process and all of the logistics is what I love the most. Nothing makes me more excited than being given a blank slate to really create!"
4. What is one trend you hate? "Mom jeans...they need to go away right now"
5. What was your first job? "I was an office assistant at Skinpathology Associates for my godparents — a derma-pathology lab. I did everything from file slides to pick up speciment."
6. Who is your favorite band/singer? "Depends on my mood! I would say either Garth Brooks, Elton John, and Tedeschi Trucks Band"
7. What is your favorite show to binge watch? "Sex in the City...I like to think Carrie Bradshaw and I have a lot in common"
8. What is your favorite holiday? "Fourth of July"
9. What is your ideal "me" time? "On a beach...with no cell service"
10. What is your favorite hobby? "Deep sea fishing"